Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tasting

I took this past Monday off so we can go to our dinner tasting for our reception. Jaime and I finally met with the Food & Beverage Director at the hotel where we will be having our reception dinner. Annice was nice and she directed us to the restaurant where we will be doing the tasting. Jaime and I got too excited that we forgot to take pictures of the food we tried that day hehe.

For our first course we had to pick between the Romaine salad with tulle parmesan cheese and traditional Caesar dressing or the Spinach Salad with gorgonzola cheese, walnuts, roasted rell pepers, with honey mustard vinaigrette. Jaime wasn't a fan of the honey mustard vinaigrette so we decided to pick the classic Romaine salad with the traditional Caesar dressing and the cute tulle parmesan cheese.

Second course we tried on three different entree choices: Braised boneless short rib of beef with garlic thyme demi, Grilled salmon with ginger and carrot butter sauce and Stuffed chicken breast with arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese. We loved the stuffed chicken breast so she's our winner.

After eating, we went to another table to check out swatches for linens, we still havent decided which one to go for, I have to double check with Kathy Jo our wedding planner which best one to pick. Our venue also includes a table number, name cards for the guests and menu cards which is awesome I dont have to do it myself. Annice told us that they will be switching to a different vendor for that so I have to come back to pick one that would be close to our invitation design.

So yea that was fun in one day, I had to run errands after while Jaime went to work at 1:30 in the afternoon.

Next wedding planning activity would be our engagement shoot in June. I cant wait, Jaime and I decided to shoot at the Santa Monica Pier. We informed our photographers and they loved the idea yay!

2 comments:

michelle said...

what a yummy day you had. your choices sounds delicious! also, i can't wait to see how your engagement pictures in the summer!

marmar said...

thanks ate...i know im excited about that!