Monday, May 11, 2009

Friday night dinner with good friends

Jaime and I invited our good friends Nicole and her boyfriend Fernando, Kat and John to come over Friday night for dinner. We haven't seen them since last year (Nikky & Fernando), we've all been soo busy it was soo nice to see them again.



Here are some pictures I attempted to take of the food we prepared:

I made some fresh salad greens with red bell peppers, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, cranberries, Persian cucumbers, crutons, bleu cheese and balsamic vinaigrette...sooo yummy!


The other side dish I made is my twice baked potato...I was soo hungry that I didnt take a pic of what it would look w/the garnishes on it ie sour cream, bacon bits, chives...haha



Jaime the bbq chef that he is made some steaks and grilled them in the bbq...it was soo nice and tender the steaks literally melts in your mouth! (good job babe!) Btw the steaks are pretty huge, I would say a good 7-8 oz size. Its Friday, ok to eat unhealthy and I made the salad to pretty much balance it off...hehe jk...



Kat & John brought some beer and wine, forgot to take pictures and Nicole & Fernando brought more beer and dessert. A lovely and yummy strawberry pie from Marie Calendars.

Here are some pics we took after dinner, we were soo full...

Hopefully we get to have another get together soon...Jaime and I love making dinner and having people come over...

2 comments:

michelle said...

your menu sounds delicious! i'm totally craving for that grilled steak! yummy!!!

marmar said...

thanks ate! wish you live closeby so we can invite you over for dinner and you can bring your famous desserts :o)