Saturday, May 10, 2008

how nice it is to be away from work for 3 days...




Every year all nutritionists from different WIC agencies go to this seminar for continuing education called CWA (California WIC Association). This year it was held at the Town and Country Resort in San Diego. Conference was from May 5th til May 8th. The weather was not what we all expected it to be but we made the best out of this trip :o).


This year I carpooled w/my girlfriends Ilanna & Ali. First night we went to Chevys to celebrate "Cinco de Mayo". Drank some margaritas and ate dinner after dinner went back to our hotel room, hung out and crochet projects hehe.



The next day was pretty much spent going to the sessions, we went to most of the sessions on the breastfeeding part of the lectures, this years sessions were actually very interesting compared to last years w/c was boring and hard for me to stay awake hehe...



Wednesday had the CNC (California Nutrition Corps) awards night to acknowledge the interns who graduated this year and so are the leadership graduates. Yes, my name was mentioned and we had to go up the stage to take pictures.



After the awards we all decided to have dinner and drinks. We celebrated it w/friends who just finished the internship, and friends who just started the internship. It was sooo much fun, we went to Gordon Biersch, a brewery right in the heart of Mission Valley a couple miles away from our hotel. We also celebrated Chrissy's birthday and got her 3 shots, which she drank a couple and Danny helped her out w/one. My drink of the night, 2 flirtinis (very good) and a shot of Washington apple w/c tastes exactly like apples sooo good...split appetizers w/Chrissy and Sheila and we had quick fried calamari, glazed chicken wings and gordon biersch garlic fries which I think helped me a lot to keep sober hehe.







Our last day, checked out by noon and made a few stops for some good breakfast (I know its good eventho it was at lunch time). We went to the Broken Yolk Cafe at Pacific Beach. Ilanna, Ali & I all ordered breakfast. I had my fave eggs benedict w/their homefries, it was soo good. Ilanna & Ali both created their own omelet. I would definitely add this cafe on my yelp list for good food :o).


Our last stop, Rainbow Sandal Corp in San Clemente. My purchase of the day, the sandals that I've been wanting...Rainbow sandals w/swarovski crystals...the women's size were a bit pricey so I looked around and found out that they have it in children's size w/c is half the price of the women's size...fits my feet perfectly hehe...saved me money too...





Overall, had a blast hanging out w/my girlfriends from work and seeing everyone I know. Next year it will be at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose.

Until next time...

2 comments:

michelle said...

Beautiful picture of the place (and pictures from your seminar)! It appears you had a great time off, even though the seminar is technically work, well work-related.

marmar said...

thanks ate :o)...that was actually the first time jaime didn't go, he always would come w/me so we both get to have our vacay at the same time but he has to save his vacay time...

thanks for leaving a comment :o)