My little sister was doing really well in school so my other sister Kat and I decided to reward her with tickets to see Wicked. My little sister Ariana (also known as Airy to me) was really excited about going, she's been wanting to see it since the tour came to Los Angeles. I've been wanting to see it myself but I was in a tight budget last year because I was in the internship. Now that Im done with my internship and working fulltime again (woohoo), it would be a great excuse to see it with Airy hehe. So Saturday, both Airy and I went to the matinee show at the Pantages theater. It's been a while since I've been there, last time I went there with my family to see "The Lion King" a few years ago and then a couple years ago with my other sister Kat when we saw "Miss Saigon" loved both shows :o).
The drive wasn't that bad, we thought we would get caught in LA traffic but we actually got there 15 minutes before the show started, that gave me time to find parking. There is one right across the Pantages on Argyle St. and Vine I believe and it's $8.00 to park there. I just didn't really like the parking because its pretty compact.
The show was awesome!!! The story is based on the best-selling novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire. Wicked tells the story of Elphaba, the future Wicked Witch of the West and her friendship with Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. Their friendship struggles through their opposing personalities and viewpoints, and rivalry over the same love-interest (Fiyero). The plot of the musical is set mostly prior to Dorothy's arrival from Kansas.
We had orchestra seats (right center side), really good view of the stage. My only complaint was that there was a few snotty people sitting next to us who does not know how to say "excuse me" or "thank you" when we stood up for them to pass to get to their seats...all I can say is "how rude!!!".
The show was really good that Airy wants to see it again hehe. I had fun hanging out with Airy and Im glad she enjoyed watching it with her big sister :o).

2 comments:
Oh, I miss dear sweet Ariana. Will you please send her my hello and love? I'm happy to read that you girls took her to the theatre and that she enjoyed it very much. You know me, a great supporter of the Arts. :)
Yes I know you do...We might go see Wicked again, this time with Kat, her bf John and Jaime...
I'll let Airy know you said hello and you're sending your love :o)
Post a Comment