Tuesday, April 15, 2008

learned something new...

I know Im gonna sound like some old lady but one of my hobbies is crocheting. I love to crochet because I find it very therapeutic and it helps me relieve stress. I've already made baby afghans, made blankies for my very good friend's pets and scarves for family members :o).

So today at work I learned how to knit yes, I know...knitting. I've always wanted to learn how to knit because I find the knit stitching soft and closer compared to crochet. Now I just have to find out how to end and close the knit stitch hehe...

my work in progress...












Okay on to things other than crocheting and knitting...Today was my last day of floating at Highland Park and what a great way to throw a mini potluck :o). We had eggrolls by Juliet, vietnamese salad w/ a fabulous dressing by Joi, Quinoa by Pricilla, fresh raspberry cream cakes by Wendy and cheesecake made by me. Food was good, awesome and I was sooo full...Man Im gonna miss those girls, they work hard, do classes without me telling them...I would totally put that clinic for my transfer but I would hate to drive far and especially go on the 10 fwy, so ridiculous, takes me literally 1.5 hours to get home when its only 26 miles away going home...sucks huh???



Okay, so time to go to bed now...until next time...

4 comments:

crystela said...

ahh the knit stitch can be as tight or as loose depending on the needle... my mom has some thick ass ones... and if you use nice yarn it will be very soft!

marmar said...

yeah i used the caron and its nice and soft...

michelle said...

Hello there Ate Ting,
I just realized that I never did respond to your previous e-mail about this new hobby of yours. Please forgive. I'm so excited to see that you've taken up knitting! Believe it or not, I actually have a circle of girlfriends who knit and we have our monthly knitting gatherings at a cafe or we host them at each other's homes. I've been trying to finish my the asymmetrical poncho I started knitting this past winter. Wish me luck! I look forward to seeing your progress too.

Love,
Ate Amne

marmar said...

omg thats soo cool...im still practicing in knitting...i do know how to read patterns to crochet...i've actually made a lot of baby afghans for friends and even ate myleen's baby gianna :o)...

my girlfriends and I brought our crochet stuff at the seminar and I even taught some of them the basics in crocheting hehe...